Sgx Nifty live chart
Chart will be loaded in 15 seconds. just wait....
Note: You can use so many technical indicators. Click on INDICATORS and within this go to INDICATOR WIZARD then you can get so many trend indicators, so many oscillators, so many volume indicators. Moving averages, Bollinger bands, Alligator, Relative strength index(RSI), MACD, Stochastic Oscillator, William %R etc………
All You Need to Know About SGX Nifty
What is SGX:
- SGX stands for Singapore Exchange.
Singapore exchange is the leading exchange of Asia allowing investors to take positions in different products based on the futures which are traded on the exchange. Apart from India the exchange also allows one to take positions in FTSE, China A50 index, MSCI Asia, MSCI Hongkong, MSCI Singapore, MSCI Taiwan ,Nikkei 225, Strait Times etc. Thus, FIIs are able to take positions in all major indices while being in Singapore.
- It is an investment holding company located in Singapore and provides different services related to securities and derivatives trading and others.
- SGX is a member of the World Federation of Exchanges and the Asian and Oceanian Stock Exchanges Federation.SGX was formed on 1 December 1999 as a holding company.
- The share capital of some former exchange companies, namely Stock Exchange of Singapore (SES), Singapore International Monetary Exchange (Simex) and Securities Clearing and Computer Services Pte Ltd (SCCS) was cancelled and new shares issued in these companies were fully paid up by SGX.
- In this way, all assets previously owned by these three companies were transferred to SGX.
- The shareholders previously holding shares in SES, Simex and SCCS received newly issued SGX shares.
- SGX has entered a partnership with NASDAQ OMX.
- Together they will provide a suite of tools and solutions for companies, which is designed to support listed companies in Asia.
What is Sgx nifty:
- SGX Nifty stands for Singapore Exchange Nifty.
- It is simply Nifty contracts traded in SGX Nifty is the future of leading NSE Index Nifty traded on Singapore exchange Singapore.
- SGX Nifty, also known as Singapore Nifty is a derivative product of Indian Nifty index officially traded in Singapore stock exchange.
- The movement of SGX Nifty is highly correlated to Indian Nifty index. Its important to understand that not all stocks that Nifty comprises of is traded in SGX.
- Singapore Nifty (SGX Nifty) is the Indian Nifty that is traded in Singapore Stock Exchange.
- It is usually the first indication of initial direction of Indian stock exchange.
- India as well as Singapore is in same continent i.e Asia.
Importance of sgx nifty:
SGX Nifty, also known as a Singapore Nifty, involves taking position in the Singapore Exchange on Futures contracts . The Futures contracts settlement is based on the NIFTY settlement price in the Indian stock exchange NSE. This gives international investors the flexibility of betting on Indian markets without having to setup or register the entity with the Indian authorities. Since the SGX allows for 24 hour trading via after market trades, investors can hedge their bets at any time. Plus, it is also considered a good indicator to where Indian market will open the next day, due to this a lot of traders follow this to check how SGX Nifty is doing.
Sgx nifty timings:
Intraday trades are taken only during those specific window period as shown in below.
- FIRST or T session: 09.00am – 06.15pm(SGT) or 06.30am - 3.45pm(IST)
- SECOND or T+1 session: 06.40pm – 04.45am(SGT) or 4.40pm - 2.45am(IST)
What time does SGX Nifty open and close?
The SGX Nifty starts and ends at 6:30 AM and 11:30 PM respectively,while the Indian Nifty starts at 9:15 AM and ends at 3:30 PM. Normally, movement of the SGX Nifty influences how the Indian Stock Exchange kicks off. The CNX Nifty trades only for 6 hours, 30 minutes, while the SGX Nifty trades for 16 hours on a daily basis. It serves as a landmark that shows where the Indian stock market will begin the following day. With regards to the global effect of share trading, as well as the location of these two countries in Asia, the Nifty has given room for economic interdependence as observed on the stock price which shows how the economic change or performance in one country affects the other country. The value of Nifty has been pegged by traders as a measure of different types of development.
SGX Nifty gives trading opportunities for investors who find it difficult to access the Indian market but still wants to have a taste of the Indian market.
Sgx nifty features:
- Nifty Contracts on SGX is traded for 16 hours as compared to 6~ hours trading in NSE.
- This gives international investors flexibility to trade without any timezone constraints.
- Also, Singapore being a very flexible market offers a good deal visibility for Indian stocks through SGX Nifty.
- Investors who are unable to access Indian markets, but who want to take an exposure in Indian market trade in SGX Nifty.
- SGX Nifty Trend is the the first indication of initial direction of Indian stock exchange. India stock market open in morning at 9:00 AM that is pre-opening session and actual trading start at 9:15 AM and trading closed at 3:30 PM.
- SGX Nifty provide different trading timings that enable the investors to trade in SGX even if the India’s market is closed.
- We hear the news that Markets are likely to open positive tracking positive Asian cues.
- The early indicator, SGX Nifty was up 15 points. This news of sgx nifty trading at 15 points higher is good indicator for Indian market. So when market opens up its opens with positive and moves higher.
- If the same news show SGX nify down by 15 points, nse market is likely to open negative and go down more.
How does SGX Nifty work?
SGX is the Nifty future that lead to the awareness of global effect of share trading on Nifty and promoted the relationships between two important nations in Asia – India and Singapore. The SGX nifty and the Indian nifty CNX Nifty works hand in hand and gives room for foreign investors to invest and trade in the Nifty futures and Indian Stock Exchange.
The SGX Nifty still remains relevant, productive and more volatile compared to the Indian Nifty due to the difference in time, allowing the SGX open before the NSE; therefore, it has influence over the Indian Nifty. Nevertheless, people normally start trading on the SGX Nifty after the NSE is opened.
Can SGX be used globally?
Even though SGX is popular, it’s unacceptable to trade in individual scrips of Nifty. Since trades in individual scrips are unacceptable in foreign exchange except scrips that are listed in the particular country, then the opportunity for many foreign investors to make profits is restricted.
Sgx nifty futures contract specifications:
S&P CNX Nifty Index is a market capitalization-weighted index of 50 component stocks listed on the Indian bourse.
- Contract Size – US$2 × SGX S&P CNX Nifty Index Futures price ≈ US$11,000* (*assuming futures price of 5,500) .
- Contract Months – 2 nearest serial months and Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec months on 1-year cycle.
- Minimum Price Fluctuation – 0.5 index point (US$1.00)
- Last Trading Day – Last Thursday of the expiring contract month. If this falls on an India holiday, the last trading day shall be the preceding business day.
- Settlement Basis – Cash settlement.
- Final Settlement Price – Official closing price of the S&P CNX Nifty Index rounded to the nearest 2 decimal places.
- Negotiated Large Trade (NLT) – Minimum 50 lots.
- Margins (as of 11 Aug 2011) – Maintenance: US$550.
- Daily Price Limits – Temporary Price Limits.
Factors of sgx nifty:
- We hear the news that Markets are likely to open positive tracking positive Asian cues.
- The SGX Nifty takes cues from the Indian Nifty, and since the Indian Nifty also take cues from domestic factors, global economic factors and geopolitical news that being reported across the world, so in reality, SGX Nifty has little to no affect on how the NSE performs during the day.
- While often it is seen that a rise in SGX Nifty also corresponds with a rise in the NSE, but this is largely based on the fact that positive world news affects all stock exchanges similarly.
- The stock market performance is mostly dependent on the news of the days and the International Market performance plays vital role in how the SGX Nifty performs each day.
Sgx nifty resistance level:
- SGX Nifty Resistance Level is a price point on a bar chart for a security in which upward price movement is impeded by an overwhelming level of supply for the security that accumulates at a particular price level in SGX Nifty.
- Resistance levels are characteristically found at the upper levels of range bound markets.
- They may be very short lived, or may remain a resistance level over an extended period of time.
- By understanding resistance level short-term traders are more likely to make profitable trades and also used by experienced traders to formulate trading strategies in SGX Nifty.
- For example, if a trader is long in a stock that is approaching a very strong resistance level, the trader may opt to close the position rather than take the risk of a significant decline in the position profit if the uptrend reverses.
Sgx nifty support level:
- SGX Nifty Support Level refers to the price level below which, historically, a stock has had difficulty falling. It is the level at which buyers tend to enter the stock in SGX Nifty.
- If the price of a stock falls toward a support level, it is a test for the stock: the support is either confirmed or eradicated.
- Confirmation occurs as buyers move into the stock, causing it to rise.
- If the price moves past the support level, it means the support level failed, and the market is looking for a new level.
Sgx nifty 52 week high/low:
- SGX Nifty 52-week high/low is the highest and lowest price that a stock has traded at during the previous year.
- As a stock trades in SGX Nifty within its 52-week price range (the range that exists between the 52-week low and the 52-week high), investors may show increased interest as price nears either the high or the low.
- The 52-week range is provided in a stock's quote summary along with information such as today's change and year-to-date change.
- Companies that have been trading for less than a year will still show a 52-week range even though there isn't data for the full range.
- The large institutions track the 52-week range low and high.
- This means that you will see either buying or selling pressure around this key area as it translates to a company’s ability to turn a profit on a year-over-year basis.
Sgx nifty dsp:
- SGX Nifty DSP stands for Day Settlement Price also called the Closing Price.
- The settlement price is the price at which a derivatives contract settles once a given trading day has ended.
- It is also the market price at which a given contract begins trading at the opening of the next business day.
- It is commonly determined by the price of the final trade prior to the closing bell or by averaging the spot price in the final minutes of a trading session.
- The settlement price of a derivatives contract is crucial for investors because it indicates whether they lost or made money on a given trading day.
- In the event that losses were incurred, the settlement price signals whether or not investors need to infuse funds into their margin accounts to compensate.
Sgx nifty OI
- SGX Nifty OI stands Open Interest.
- Open Interest analysis can provide very useful insights pertaining market trend and support / resistance.
- It is very important for option traders to understand the relation between open interest and market direction.
- Combining interpretations from Open Interest (OI) and change in OI can give meaning results.
- Intelligent traders understand that even though OI is a very crucial ‘market indicator’, it should be combined with other technical indicators to get good results.
- SGX Nifty Open Interest, it provides good support and resistance levels for the series.
- Traders usually look for SGX Nifty Open interest highest OI strikes.
- These strikes are important to determine support and resistance.
Please trade with trading discipline. If we protect our capital with our good trading discipline profits automatically follow. Don't depend on luck.