Sgx Nifty live chart
Note: You can use many different types of technical indicators. You can begin by Clicking on INDICATORS and then CLICK on INDICATOR WIZARD where you will find a a large number of trend indicators oscillators, a lot of volume indicatorsAlligator, Relative strength index(RSI), MACD,Bollinger bands, moving averages, Stochastic Oscillator, William %R, etc.
Nifty technical analysis live report
World markets indices technical analysis summary
All You Need to Know About SGX Nifty
What is SGX:
- SGX refers to Singapore Exchang.
- Singapore exchange is considered as one of the leading exchange within Asia which allows investors to obtain different positions, based on the future of products that are being traded through the exchange. Other than India, SGX allows its investors to attain positions in FTSE, MSCI Singapore, MSCI Hongkong, China A50 Index, MSCI Asia, MSCI Taiwan, Nikkei225, etc. Hence Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) are allowed to attain a position in the entire bunch of major indices in Singapore.
- SGX is a company that holds investment and is located in Singapore. The company is providing a variety of services associated with the trade of financial securities, derivates and other products.
- SGX also works as the member of World Federation of Exchanges, as well as a member of the Asian and Oceanian Stock Exchange Federation. SGX surfaced as a holding company on 1st December in the year 1999.
- SGX also paid fully for the new shares that were issued in some of the former exchange companies like Singapore International Monetary Exchange (Simex, Stock Exchange of Singapore (SES), and Securities Clearing and Computer Services Pte Ltd (SCCS). These were the exchange companies for which the share capital had been canceled earlier.
- Consequently, SGX became the new owner of the previously owned assets by all of these three companies.
- SGX also issued new shares for the shareholders against the old shares of SES, Simex and SCCS.
- SGX also partners with NASDAQ OMX.
- By working together the two provide a set of solutions to the companies listed within Asia.
What is Sgx nifty:
- SGX Nifty represents Singapore Exchange Nifty.
- It simply works by trading Nifty Contracts in SGX. SGX Nifty is considered a future leading NSE Index Nifty that is traded over Singapore Exchange.
- Singapore Nifty which is well known as SGX Nifty is basically a derivative product introduced by Indian Nifty Index to be traded in Singapore stock exchange.
- SGX Nifty and Indian Nifty Index is highly correlated. It is essential to realize that not all of the Nifty companies stocks are traded at SGX.
- The movement of SGX Nifty is highly correlated to the Indian Nifty index. It's vital to know that not all stocks that Nifty encompasses are traded in SGX.
- SGX Nifty represents Indian Nifty at Singapore Stock Exchange.
- It indicates the direction of the Indian Stock Exchange.
- Singapore and Indian belong to the same continent.
Importance of sgx nifty:
Singapore Nifty (SGX Nifty) functions by attaining position for future contracts in Singapore Exchange. The settlement of future contracts depends on the set price of NIFTY in Indian stock Exchange NSE. International Investors can this way have ease of flexibily of trading in Indian markets without setup or registration issues. As SGX offers 24-hour trading through after market trades, bets can be hedged any-time. Addiotionally it also indicates the next day opening points for Indian Market helping investors in predicting SGX Nifty.
Sgx nifty timings:
Intraday trades take place only during these specific periods that are given below:
- FIRST or T session: 09.00am – 06.15pm(SGT) or 06.30am - 3.45pm(IST)
- SECOND or T+1 session: 06.40pm – 04.45am(SGT) or 4.40pm - 2.45am(IST)
What time does SGX Nifty open and close?
The opening and closing of SGX Nifty happens at 6:30 am and 11.30 pm respectively, while Indian Nifty opens and closes at 9:15 am and 3:30 pm. Usually, the fluctuation of SGX Nifty directs the movement of the Indian Stock Exchange. The trading hours for SGX Nifty and CNX Nifty is 16 hours and 6 hours 30 minutes daily. It is used to indicate the position of the Indian stock market for the following day. Considering the effect of share trading globally and geographic similarities for these two countries, Nifty is offering room to promote economic interdependence. Traders view the value of Nifty to evaluate the level of development. Investors seek opportunities through SGX Nifty in situations when access to Indian Market is difficult, but investors are engaging in betting at the lucrative Indian market.
Sgx nifty features:
- In comparison at SGX, Nifty contracts are traded uptill 16 hours while at NSE it is traded for 6~ hours.
- SGX Nifty is offering an opportunity of trading without constraints of time zone and allows flexibility to international investors.
- Additionally, Singapore is known to be a flexible market where the movement of Indian stocks is visible by SGX Nifty.
- Investors can not access Indian Markets, so SGX Nifty provides exposure to investors for gaining insights about trade in the Indian market.
- The trend of SGX Nifty indicates the direction of the movement of Indian stock exchange. The timing of opening for Indian stock market is 9:00 am for the pre-opening session while the operations for the trading start at 9:15 am, and trading ends at 3:30 pm.
- SGX Nifty offers flexibility to investors in a way that it has different timings of trading which enables the international investors to trade at exchange even when Indians markets have closed down.
- It is often heard that markets most likely open with positive tracking Asian cues.
- An early indication was received when SGX Nifty was up with 15 points. The news of SGX Nifty being traded at 15 points up was viewed as an excellent indicator for positive movement of Indian Market. Hence the opening of the market in such a way is considered a positive opening, and the stock moves higher.
- In another situation if SGX Nifty is notified to open at 15 points down, the result would be that NSE markets open negatively and the points would slide down further.
What do you know about SGX?
- Singapore exchange is one of the the best exchange in Asia, SGX allows investors to take part in different trades. The exchange is also allowing to take positions in Strait Times, FTSE, Nikkei 225, China 450, MSCI Taiwan, MSCI Asia, MSCI Singapore, MSCI Hongkong, etc. Foreign institutional investors who live in Singapore can take positions in major indices.
- SGX is the leading investment holding company in Singapore which provides high-quality Security, derivatives trading and other services.
- Singapore exchange is a member of the Asian and Oceanian Stock Exchanges Federation and World Federation of Exchanges. As a holding company, it was formed on 1st December 1999.
- The share capital of some exchange companies were canceled including Stock Exchange of Singapore, Securities Clearing and Computer Services Pte Ltd and Singapore International Monetary Exchange. SGX paid all newly issued shares of these companies. That’s how all the new assets were transferred to Singapore exchange.
- All the shareholders received Singapore exchange shares which were previously holding shares in SCCS, SES, and SES.
- Singapore exchange is partnered with NASDAQ OMX. Both of these companies have designed the best solutions for the listed companies in Asia.
What is the Singapore Exchange Nifty?
- Singapore Exchange Nifty is abbreviated as SGX Nifty. It can also be called as Singapore Nifty.
- Indian Nifty index is officially traded in Singapore stack exchange and SingaporeNifty is its derivative product.
- The SGX movement is similar to Indian Nifty Index but all stocks of Nifty is not traded in Singapore Exchange. SGX Nifty is traded in Singapore Stock Exchange.
- India and Singapore are located in Asia.
What is the importance of SGX Nifty?
NGX Nifty will be taking positions in the Singapore exchange future contracts. Future contracts are directly related to Nifty settlement prices in the NSE. It provides flexibility to international investors; they do not need to set up or register entity to bet on the Indian market with the Indian authorities. Investors can hedge their bets 24 hours a day as SGX trading is available for them.
What is the rate of SGX Nifty?
The rate of SGX Nifty is the price at which the Indian Nifty is traded in the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX). The price is used to settle future contracts of the SGX Nifty in the Indian stock exchange NSE.
This allows international investors to trade in Indian markets without having to register or setup their entities with the Indian authorities.The minimum price movement of the SGX Nifty futures contracts is US$1 as per the norm of the SGX Exchange, and is calculated using the following formula:
Contract Size = US$2 * Current Price of Nifty Index futures price
Time Schedule for SGX Nifty:
- Intraday trades are allowed in following timings.
- First session: 9:00 am to 6:15om (SGT) or 6:30 am to 3:45 pm(IST)
- Second Session: 6:40 pm to 4:45 am (SGT) or 4:40 pm to 2:45 am (IST)
SGX Nifty Opening and Closing time:
- The SGX Nifty starts at 6:30 am and ends at 11:30 Om, On the other hand, Indian
- Nifty starts at 9:15 am and ends at 3:30 pm. SGX Nifty is available for 16 Hours a day while the CNX Nifty is open for 6 hours and 30 minutes in the entire day. SGX Nifty is an excellent opportunity for investors who want to invest in the Indian market but failed.
- SGX Nifty Unique features
- 16 hours trade on SGS is a great feature as compared to 6 hours trade in NSE.
- It provides international investors with flexible trading timings. Investors can work even if the Indian market is closed.
- SGX Nifty provides investors with Indian market exposure without going through the registration process.
- SGX Nifty has 15 points which are a great sign for Indian Market.
Work Process of SGX Nifty
CNX Nifty and SGX Nifty work together and provide foreign investors with enough room for the investment and trading in the Indian Stock exchange and Nifty futures. The SGX Nifty is always more productive as compared to Indian Nifty due to several reasons, more specifically SGX Nifty provides flexible timing which helps it to grow faster.
Can SGX be used internationally?
However, no doubt SGX is quite popular but still trading in individual scrips of Nifty can be unacceptable. We know individuals scrips are unacceptable in foreign exchange but not those which are listed up in a particular country, which means the opportunity for foreign invested to make a profit is quite restricted.
Future Contract specifications of SGX Nifty
- S&P CNX Nifty Index is a market capitalization-weighted index of 50 component stocks listed on the Indian bourse.
- Contract Size – US$2 × SGX S&P CNX Nifty Index Futures price ≈ US$11,000* (*assuming futures price of 5,500).
- Contract Months – 2 nearest serial months and Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec months on a 1-year cycle.
- Minimum Price Fluctuation – 0.5 index point (US$1.00)
- Last Trading Day – Last Thursday of the expiring contract month. If this falls on an India holiday; the previous trading day shall be the preceding business day.
- Settlement Basis – Cash settlement.
- Final Settlement Price – Official closing price of the S&P CNX Nifty Index rounded to the nearest 2 decimal places.
- Negotiated Large Trade (NLT) – Minimum 50 lots.
- Margins (as of 11 Aug 2011) – Maintenance: US$550.
- Daily Price Limits – Temporary Price Limits.
Important Factors of sgx nifty:
- Positive tracking positive Asian cues are opening by the market shortly.
- It is observed that the rise in SGX Nifty always causes an increase in NSE; it is because positive world news still leaves an impression on the stock exchange.
The resistance level of SGX Nifty:
- The SGX Nifty Resistance level is actually a bar chart where you can see price point for security. On that chart, the upward price movement is hindered by an extremely overwhelming level of supply for security gather at a specific price level in SGX Nifty.
- Resistance levels typically found at the upper levels of range bound markets.
- No doubt, these levels are very short-lived, and may remain at confrontation level over time.
- However, if an experienced trader works, his first approach may be to close the position for an extreme resistance level, instead of taking the risk of a significant decline in the position profit if the uptrend reserves.
What is Support level of Sgx Nifty?
- The price level is referred by the SGX Nifty. Buyers always try to enter this level.
- The test of the stock can be called when the price goes towards the support level. Here the support has two options; eradicated or confirmed.
- When the buyers enter into the stock, then the confirmation occurs.
- When the price moves past to the support level, then the support level is considered to be failed, and here the market starts looking for the new level.
What is SGX nifty 52 weeks high/low?
- The highest and the lowest price of the previous year that a index has traded is known as SGX Nifty 52 week high/low.
- The stock’s quote summary has 52-week range along with other information.
- No matter if the companies have been trading for less than a year, 52-weel range will also be sown in summary.
- 52-week range low/high can be tracked by large institutions.
- Buying and selling pressure can be observed in this key area.
What is SGX nifty DSP:
- SGX Nifty DSP is the closing price and it stands for Day Settlement Price
- When the trading day ended, and the price at which anoffshoots contract settles is called settlement price.
- The settlement price is the market price at which a given contract begins.
- The settlement price is determined by averaging the spot price in the final minutes of a trading session.
- The settlement price is significant for investors; it shows their profit and loss on a given trading day.
- The settlement price also gives a signal if the funds are needed in the margin accounts for the compensation.
What is Sgx nifty OI?
- SGX Nifty Open Interest is abbreviated as SGX Nifty OI.
- It provides very useful information about support resistance and about the market trend.
- SGX Nifty Open Interest is crucial for options traders to comprehend the relation between market direction and open interest.
- By combining interpretations from the change in Open Interest and OI provides meaningful results.
- OI is very important if it combined with other technical indicators, it gives food results.
- SGX Nifty OI provides resistance level and excellent support.
- SGX Nifty Open interest highest OI strikes help in determining resistance and support.
Please trade with trading discipline. If we protect our capital with our good trading discipline profits automatically follow. Don't depend on luck.